Welcome to Same Day Marketing!  

Posted by Rich DeFabritus in , ,

The creation of this blog was borne out of a challenge I issued - to myself!  The challenge was - how quickly could I set up a blog by myself?

You might ask why I would  issue such a strange challenge - I'll tell you why.  But first, a little information about me:  I've spent over 20 years in Marketing and Product Management, mostly in the technology industry.  The particular market segment I've focused on is the small and medium-sized business market (SMB), and it's a segment I am very passionate about.  The SMB segment has unique challenges that no other businesses face, and I have always tried my best to understand those challenges, and offer ways to address them.  It's fair to say that small businesses are the economic engine that drives the world's economy.  Don't believe me?  I bet you didn't know that 98% of all businesses worldwide are classified as having less than 20 employees!

That brings me to why I issued the challenge to myself.  You see, most small business owners simply don't have the time or the expertise to do any form of marketing.  Most of what they do is either word of mouth or advertising in their local yellow pages.  Sure, some have the budget to spend on outbound marketing campaigns such as direct mail or e-mail blasts, but many do not - they are just trying to make payroll and survive. 

With Same Day Marketing, my goal will be to guide you on how to do effective marketing without a significant expenditure.  That starts now with this blog - something you should consider if you are a small business owner reading this.  Along the way, I hope to make it fun and interesting.

My apologies for the initial appearance of the blog - my goal was simply speed.  Not counting this post, I was able to set this blog up in just 58.8 seconds!  Less than one minute - and NO financial outlay - to create a tool that should be a key part of your marketing strategy!

Think you can beat that time?  I challenge you to set one up and let me know how quickly you were able to do it!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at Tuesday, December 14, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Experience of 20 years in marketing, sounds great.

January 10, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment